Saturday, August 23, 2014

What I Meant To Say Was.....

So we're at dinner last night. Rachel is doing some sort of obnoxious behavior and I want her to stop. My brain wants to say, "Stop it, dipwad." But what came out of my mouth was, "Stop it, dickweed!"

 I heard that expression on Mystery Science Theater 3000 a couple of decades ago. It has never been a part of even the most casual conversations. Was it the mango margarita? I don't think so. I never had the slightest buzz. But I clearly told my precious daughter, "Stop it, dickweed!"

 Rachel gasps, "What?" before laughing uncontrollably. I'm processing what just came out of my mouth while shaking from laughter and trying to prevent a volcanic eruption of laughter. Rebecca exclaims, "David! We're cutting you off!"

 Every time I stop laughing, Rachel squeaks, "Dickweed" and starts the whole process over again.

I am so embarrassed, yet I loved every second of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home