Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Essence of Love

As we ate dinner at a sports bar/reataurant last night, Rachel said she needed to go to the bathroom. I went with her.

This time, she asked me to join her in the stall instead of waiting outside. She then requested I sing her a song.

I squatted down in front of her, looked into her eyes and began to sing:

You are so beautiful, to me
You are so beautiful
Can't you seeeeeee?
You're everything I hoped for
You're everything to me
You are so beautiful, to me

And I repeated it.

Her blue eyes gazed into mine, moving slightly from one to another. Her lips upturned slightly when mine did the same, as I thought how fortunate I was to be chosen to raise a little girl who brings such joy to my world.

It was a brief moment. It was a lasting moment. I'm so blessed to be Rachel's father.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home