Monday, December 31, 2007

Gloom and Doom

Rachel is really testing her boundaries and our patience these days. It seems whenever we tell her not do something, she does it again. It really wears thin after a while. We can only hope she outgrows it soon, for everyone's well being. I mean, I'm a smart ass, but I was never this way with my parents. I want to tame my spirited mustang.

I almost spit up my lemonade tonight when my wife looked up at me at dinner and said, "I'm starting to understand why hamsters eat their young!"

At one point during the meal tonight, I had had enough and it was time to take the matter outside. This after sugar and spice and everything nice stood up, turned around and farted in my face twice! (Damn genes!)

So I snapped her up in a way that showed I meant business and headed to the front door for a stern talk outside. Unfortunately, I was laughing by the time I got there. As I strode quickly toward the front door, Rachel apparently realized she was in big trouble, buried her head in my chest and said, "I'm doomed. I'm doomed."

How can they be so cute and disobedient at the same time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home